WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
CREAM WET INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
THEN STIR IN
3 cups oats (not instant)
1 1⁄2 cups cherries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a mixer on low. To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible. (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Then add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Fill a cookie scoop and press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough (to measure 2 tablespoons of dough).
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.